Registration for 2023-2024 is OPEN!
Families of Faith
Kinder to Fifth grade. Meets Sundays (September-April) 10:15 am to 11:30 am.
Catechesis for the entire family, St. Michael utilizes A Family of Faith program by Sophia Institute to help develop strong Catholic families in which children learn the joys of following Jesus Christ and the truths of our Faith through the witness of Christian life given by their parents. Studies show that parental involvement in the faith-life of their child is by far the most important element in ensuring that a child develops into a practicing Christian.
A Family of Faith follows a four-year cycle: one pillar of the Catechism (The Profession of Faith, Sacraments, Life in Christ and Prayer) is covered per year from September through May. Parents are given a detailed picture of authentic and vibrant Catholic family life, the tools to implement this life in their home, and age-appropriate readings, games, crafts, and other activities to help them deepen among their children a love for Christ and His Church.
Families gather on Sundays for an interactive and engaging catechesis session base on the month's topic. Parents leave the session with material and preparation to practice prayer and traditions with their children at home.
Topics of this Year: Life in Christ
- September: The Role of Parents in Education
- October: Heaven: Our Final Destination
- November: Conscience: God's Law in our Hearts
- December: Cardinal and Theological Virtues
- January: The First Great Commandment and the First Four Commandments
- February: The 5th-10th Commandments
- March: The New Commandment and the Works of Mercy
- April: The Beatitudes
- May: Journey to Heaven
FAQ's about Family Catechesis?
How do I register my child?
1. Review the options for Religious Education that better works for your family needs.
2. Complete the Religious Education Registration online or download this Form and bring it to our Formation Office.
3. Download the Religious Education Calendar 2023-2024
4. First Class September 10, 2023.
Religious Education Options
|A||Families of Faith||B||Religious Education|
KINDER TO 5TH GRADE
Families gather Sundays for an interactive and engaging catechesis session base on the month's topic. Parents leave the session with material and preparation to teach their children at home. St. Michael use Sophia Institute curriculum approved by the Diocese.
Meets on Sundays (September-April) 10:15 am to 11:30 am.
Click here to learn more
WEDNESDAY: 1ST TO 5TH GRADE
Grade level catechism in site. St. Michael Formation use Sophia Press Institute curriculum approved by the Diocese.
Wed: 5:00 - 6:15 pm
If you think your child is ready for Sacramental Preparation for Reconciliation and First Communion:
1. Fill-in this Inquiry Form or this Electronic Form and return.
2. Come to one of our discernment days.
3. After the discernment meeting, register your child.
Option for children that required special accommodation due to learning disabilities or other needs that required classroom accommodation or one on one teaching.
We recommend for you to use at home to enrich your child Religious Formation.
Formation Office Hours
Monday to Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
For your convenience , our Formation staff can set an appointment for your family needs. To set up a personal appointment contact Angelica Santos.
Elementary Religious Education Coordinator
(817) 510 2727
Click to e-mail