Thank you for your interest in volunteering at St. Michael Catholic Church. We are committed to fostering a culture that ensures the safety and well-being of children, young people, and vulnerable adults. As such, all volunteers, lay ministers, employees, and Clergy must complete the Safe Environment program requirements established by the Diocese of Fort Worth.
If you need to check your Safe Environment status, please email [email protected].
All sessions are in-person at St. Michael.
- February: Tuesday, February 22: Keeping the Promise Alive at 6:00 PM (must have already taken Protecting God’s Children session). No Protecting God's Children session in February.
- Tuesday, March 15, 2022: Protecting God’s Children at 6:00 PM
- Monday, March 21, 2022: Keeping the Promise Alive at 6:00 PM (must have already taken Protecting God’s Children session)
- No sessions in April.
- Monday, May 16, 2022: Keeping the Promise Alive at 6:00 PM (must have already taken Protecting God’s Children session)
- Tuesday, May 17, 2022: Protecting God’s Children at 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, June 15, 2022: Keeping the Promise Alive at 6:00 PM (must have already taken Protecting God’s Children session)
- Tuesday, June 21, 2022: Protecting God’s Children at 6:00 PM
No children under the age of 18 will be allowed at any Safe Environment Sessions. Childcare is NOT available.
All steps below must be completed PRIOR to beginning your volunteer service.
Complete the forms below and return to the Stewardship Coordinator, or to your Ministry Leader:
Meet with the Ministry Leader, if you have not already done so. This conversation should help to clarify your strengths and interests and determine the best fit for your service within the ministry.
Register for, and attend, a Safe Environment Awareness Session.
If you are interested in becoming a facilitator or classroom assistant for our Safe Environment Awareness Sessions, please contact us for more information.
"Called to Protect" Training for Children
The "Called to Protect" sessions for children grades K-5 are taught in our parish religious education classes. These sessions teach children and youth the skills necessary to help them to recognize boundary violations, to remove themselves from uncomfortable situations, and to tell a trusted adult if someone has crossed a boundary with them. For more information please contact Angelica Santos, Coordinator of Religious Education at 810.510.2727 or Click Here to Email.
"Called to Protect" Training for Youth
The "Called to Protect" sessions for youth grades 6-12 are taught in our youth ministry sessions (EDGE Middle School Discipleship and TeenLife High School Discipleship).
“Teen Leader” Training Session (Youth ages 13-17)
This workshop prepares youth ages 13-17 who wish to volunteer at the parish with their peers and/or with children. Youth who volunteer are supervised by adults in any service they provide. Please note, prior to participating in "Teen Leader” Training, the student must complete the "Called to Protect” Training for Youth.
Contact Jenny Rohde, youth minister, for more information on training for youth and teen leader training at 817.510.2733 or Click Here to Email.