This is a JOURNEY and not a class. This is for the entire FAMILY and not just for your teen attending the Sacramental Preparation. Confirmation is not the end or graduation from your teen or family's FAITH FORMATION and in the truest sense, Confirmation is the beginning moment for your teenager to being a MATURE Catholic man or woman. We thank you, for allowing us to be on this JOURNEY with your teen and family. Please see below on how your teen and family can begin the JOURNEY to Confirmation.
"The Sacrament of Confirmation, along with Baptism and Eucharist, completes the process of Christian Initiation. Confirmation is the completion of the baptismal grace. For by the Sacraments of Confirmation, the baptized are more perfectly bound to the Church and are enriched with special strength of the Holy Spirit. Hence they are, as true witnesses of Christ, more strictly obliged to spread and defend the faith by word and deed."
- Catechism of the Catholic Church 1285
How do I start my Confirmation Journey?
- See the overview of the Sacramental Formation Journey
- Complete a Confirmation Formation Inquiry Form and Youth Ministry Registration Form:
- Turn in a copy of your child's Baptismal Certificate and First Communion Certificate
- Join us for a Sacrament Discernment Meeting (we will contact you when you fill out the "Confirmation Formation Inquiry Form").
*Please note that ALL teenagers seeking Confirmation should be at least 15 years old and candidate's formation is in conjunction with our Parish's Youth Ministry ongoing Formation. If your teenager is in need of Baptism or First Holy Communion, they should contact the Formation Office about RCIA Adapted.
Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry