St. Michael Academy COVID-19 Contingency Plan
This information is created with guidance from the Diocese of Fort Worth. This plan is publicly posted in accordance with Diocesan policy.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported, ranging from mild to severe. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure, and the most common symptoms are : Cough, chills, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, shaking or shivering, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, diarrhea, vomiting and fever.
Requirements for ALL Academy teachers, staff, parents, and students:
- Anyone coming onto campus is required to self screen for COVID-19 symptoms daily.
- All individuals must either wash hands or use hand sanitizer prior to entering the Academy building.
- All are required to report to the school if they have come into close contact with an individual who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19, or if they themselves have COVID-19 symptoms.
- All individuals who have had close contact with someone who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19, or is suspected to have COVID-19, should stay at home and quarantine through the 14-day incubation period.
- Anyone who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19, or who experienced the symptoms of COVID-19, is required to stay home throughout the infection period, and may not return to campus until all three of the following conditions are met:
- At least 3 days have passed since resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications.
- The individual has improvement of symptoms.
- At least 10 days has passed since the initial onset of symptoms.
- Facility will have temperature checks daily.
- Teachers will instruct students in proper hand-washing techniques.
- Teachers will supervise hand-washing at least twice daily.
- Teachers will disinfect high-touch surfaces regularly throughout the day.
- Weather permitting students will go outside daily.
- Teachers will not pool supplies, each student will have their own supplies and supply box.
- Teachers will mask all day.
- Students will have temperature checks at the door.
- Parents will be asked to mask at drop-off and pick-up.
- Visitors and Parents will not be permitted in the Academy wing.
- The school will notify Tarrant County Health Department of any lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 amongst staff or students.
- Classroom high-touch surfaces will be disinfected daily.
- The school will separate any student showing symptoms until they can be picked-up by a parent/guardian.
- Students and teacher will be separated into classes, and every effort will be made to keep these students separate from one another.
Director of St. Michael Academy Preschool
Back to Top Share this page on