St. Michael Academy COVID-19 Contingency Plan
This information is created with guidance from the Diocese of Fort Worth. This plan is publicly posted in accordance with Diocesan policy.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported, ranging from mild to severe. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure, and the most common symptoms are : Cough, chills, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, shaking or shivering, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, diarrhea, vomiting and fever.
Requirements for ALL Academy teachers, staff, parents, and students:
- Anyone coming onto campus is required to self screen for COVID-19 symptoms daily.
- All individuals must either wash hands or use hand sanitizer prior to entering the Academy building.
- All are required to report to the school if they have come into close contact with an individual who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19, or if they themselves have COVID-19 symptoms.
- All individuals who have had close contact with someone who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19, or is suspected to have COVID-19, should stay at home and quarantine through the 14-day incubation period.
- Anyone who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19, or who experienced the symptoms of COVID-19, is required to stay home throughout the infection period, and may not return to campus until all three of the following conditions are met:
- At least 3 days have passed since resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications.
- The individual has improvement of symptoms.
- At least 10 days has passed since the initial onset of symptoms.
- Facility will have temperature checks daily.
- Teachers will instruct students in proper hand-washing techniques.
- Teachers will supervise hand-washing at least twice daily.
- Teachers will disinfect high-touch surfaces regularly throughout the day.
- Weather permitting students will go outside daily.
- Teachers will not pool supplies, each student will have their own supplies and supply box.
- Teachers will mask all day.
- Students will have temperature checks at the door.
- Parents will be asked to mask at drop-off and pick-up.
- Visitors and Parents will not be permitted in the Academy wing.
- The school will notify Tarrant County Health Department of any lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 amongst staff or students.
- Classroom high-touch surfaces will be disinfected daily.
- The school will separate any student showing symptoms until they can be picked-up by a parent/guardian.
- Students and teacher will be separated into classes, and every effort will be made to keep these students separate from one another.