Our Lady of Guadalupe
Our Faith Family United by Our Lady of Guadalupe
Though it has been 487 years since Our Lady appeared to the Mexican peasant Juan Diego, she continues today to unite people of faith around the world. This is evident here at St. Michael through our annual Our Lady of Guadalupe Mass and celebration.
The celebration will begin with a nine-day novena with various ministries leading the Rosary in Mary’s honor every night in the Sanctuary. (See Schedule below).
- Monday, December 3 at 6:30 PM - Pro-Life and Gabriel Project Ministries
- Tuesday, December 4 at 6:30 PM - Pastoral Advisory Council and Stewardship Council
- Wednesday, December 5 at 6:30 PM - Religious Education Classes and Youth Ministry (Edge)
- Thursday, December 6 at 5:45 PM - Hispanic Ministries
- Friday, December 7 at 5:30 PM - Spanish Holy Rosary Group
- Saturday, December 8 at 5:00 PM - Tongan Community
- Sunday, December 9 at 4:00 PM - Knights of Columbus
- Monday, December 10 at 6:30 PM - Christian Connection Volunteers
- Tuesday, December 11 at 6:00 PM - Multilingual Living Rosary (Reception following in the Great Hall)
Our Lady of Guadalupe Feast Day
On Wednesday, December 12, the festivities begin with a procession starting at 5:30 PM. This will conclude inside the church where a tri-lingual Mass will be held in Mary’s honor. Afterward in the Great Hall, a brief play will be presented on the Guadalupe story followed by a meal. The dinner is open to everyone, including tamales and other Mexican favorites along with lots of desserts and side dishes. The meal will reflect the multicultural community of St. Michael.
We invite all parishioners to join us for some or all of these festivities, helping us celebrate Our Lady together as a unified faith community.